It has also been a traumatic week for millions in Texas. In response to the crisis, we are sending a small team of people later this week with supplies to help churches in Houston (who will distribute as needed). There are three ways you can help:
1. Donate money to help where most needed. There are a lot of great organizations out there, but not a lot of transparency as to how that money will be used. We are sending everything we receive for Hurricane Harvey Relief to CAMA Disaster Relief (the Christian and Missionary Alliance compassion and relief organization). They use every dollar to help those in need and show the compassion of Christ. You can donate directly to them, or give through our website and put Houston in the memo.
2. Bring in non-perishable food items and necessities (think life after Hurricane Wilma – grocery stores empty, etc. They need canned goods, but also protein/granola bars, cereal, baby formula, diapers, toiletries, insect repellant, etc. But please, not your old expired cans of vegetables that even your dog wouldn’t eat. Bring non-perishable food that you would want to eat after a hurricane). They say that they have plenty of water (contrary to news reports). We are not bringing clothes at this time. You can drop supplies at church THIS Sunday, Sept 3 (8am-2pm), Monday, Sept 4 (anytime, just put on the patio), or Tuesday, Sept 5 (8AM-8PM). Our group is leaving early Wednesday morning, Sept 6.
3. Volunteer to go. They need teams of people able to do relief work, gutting of houses (drywall demo, etc) and other typical hurricane/flood clean up. (80% of Houston home owners do not have flood insurance – so the relief effort will go on for quite some time). The coordinating churches do have places for us to stay, but anyone wanting to go needs to have their own bedding and food. It is a 2 day drive there (normally 14 hours, but I-10 is washed out going into Texas, so it will take longer). We leave Wednesday morning. If you want to go with us and can be gone for at least a week, email Tye@revealfellowship.com as soon as possible. Also, if you are able to drive or transport supplies, let him know.
In the midst of this tragedy, we have an opportunity to demonstrate the love of Christ. Pray about how you can be involved.
March 18 Gifts of Grace: A Night of Inspiration, 7 PM
March 25 Women’s Conference at Reveal 10AM-4PM
April 5 How to Celebrate Passover in Your Home, 7 PM
April 8 Renew the City – One Day Mission Trip to Miami. For more info and to register, click here.
April 9 Water Baptism
April 14 Good Friday Experience
April 16 Resurrection Sunday!
Come be filled so you can be the man God is calling you to be. Bring a friend.
Saturday, January 7th, 8:30 AM at Reveal Fellowship
December 10 Reveal School of Music and Worship Arts Recital, 6:30 PM
December 18 Christmas Caroling Outreach (Meet at Reveal at 5 PM), bring a flashlight
December 25 Church in YOUR Home! (no services at Reveal)
December 26-30 Church office closed, No Tuesday/Thursday morning prayer meeting
December 28 No Wednesday Night Service
January 7 Men’s Breakfast, 8:30 AM
January 8 New to Reveal Reception, 1:15 PM
January 22 Spoken Light Series Begins
January 22-28 WEEK 777, Prayer at 7 AM & 7 PM
January 29 Consecration Day, 7 PM
January 30 Family Life Skills and Sane Relationships Class Preview (6:30-8:30 PM)
February 12 Call to Action!
February 13 Sane Relationships, Shelter from the Storm, and Family Life Skills (for Women) Classes begin
PREVIEW the CLASS on Monday, January 30, 7 PM
START DATE: February 13, 7 PM at Reveal
END DATE: May 22
COST: $350 singles/$475 couples ($20/singles and $25/couples for each class session and $50 for materials. Scholarships available).
TEACHER: Dr. Norm Wise
Do you and your spouse fight a lot? Or is your house filled with silence out of fear or fatigue of arguing? The Sane Relationships is a class for all couples who desire to have healthy relationships. The class will go beyond the typical couples class topics of communication, love and respect and go on to practical tools that build relationships, diffuse conflict, and foster love. This class is led by Pastor Norm Wise from Living Water Counseling. Sign up will begin in January. The class will be based on the books: Sane Relationships, Learning How to Love in 27 Days, The Life Journal Book, and Succeeding at Life by Dr. Wise.
Come out to seek the Lord the week of Sunday, January 22 – Saturday, January 28. We will be meeting for corporate prayer at 7am and 7pm every day in preparation to hear God during the Spoken Light initiative. Come expecting the Lord to strip away the old man and clothe you with garments of grace to overcome.
In preparation, ask the Lord what He would have you fast from during this time in order to hear His voice better. Some people fast from various types of food or comfort food, others fast from technology, some fast from TV’s or anything with a screen. Let the Lord guide you as to what will help you hear Him better during this week. Check out Isaiah 58 for more on fasting and the power for a breakthrough.
Our Spoken Light Series began on January 22. In it, Pastor Dave shared the vision for Reveal in the coming years and how we can be light displacing darkness. You can view the entire series here.
We also created a Spoken Light Vision book. Hard copies are available from the office for free. The pdf is available here. This book gives the history of Reveal Fellowship, where we see God leading us in the future, plans for the new building, and several useful Bible studies. Below are some of the topics covered:
- Army of Light Boot Camp/Extreme Discipleship
- Discerning the Voice of God
- Identifying and Breaking Strongholds
- Unwrapping Your Spiritual Gifts
- Marching Orders – God’s Vision for You
- Intercessory Prayer
- Walking in Power
- A Picture of Prophecy
Join us Saturday, December 24 at either 5:00 PM or 7:00 PM as we seek to draw close to God and see Jesus during this special season. R-KiDS ministry will have a special lesson for kids on the real meaning of Christmas. Don’t miss it! Invite a friend or neighbor today!
On Sunday, December 25, we encourage you to have “Church in Your Home!” Take the time to celebrate God’s incredible gift of His Son with your family. There will be no services at Reveal on Sunday, December 25.
Also, the church office will be closed December 26-31. There will be no Wednesday night service that week (December 28) and no prayer meetings on Tuesday and Thursday that week. We will have a regular service on Sunday, January 1.